|To the Membership of the Portland ACS:
There are many benefits to being a member of the ACS. One of these is the opportunity to serve and demonstrate your leadership skills.
Our society has four broad goals:
• Empower an inclusive community of members with networks, opportunities, resources, and skills to thrive in the global economy.
• Be the most authoritative, comprehensive, and indispensable provider of chemistry-related information.
• Foster the development of the most innovative, relevant, and effective chemistry education in the world.
• Communicate chemistry’s vital role in addressing the world’s challenges to the public and to policymakers.
You are a member of ACS because one or more of these goals are important to you. But did you know that our society challenges us to contribute more than dues to reach these goals? You can help by leading activities in our section. As a leader of the Portland section you
• receive professional training in how to lead volunteers,
• enjoy opportunities to develop professionally,
• gain access to local and national networks of industrial and educational leaders, and
• earn the satisfaction of contributing directly to the goals outlined above.
Leadership positions have a three-year commitment that begins in January, and we currently are soliciting nominations for offices for next year. If you are interested in joining the leadership team of the Portland ACS, please let us know as soon as possible to begin your orientation. You will be well versed in the expectations and responsibilities before you commit to serve.
You will be inspired by working with our leadership team. Please consider joining us.
Past Chair, Portland ACS
775 223-1758 (cell)
503 537-5591 (work)
503 538 4333 (fax)